Xantrex C40 Charge Controller
Hybrid Wind Turbine and Solar Panel Charge Controller
- UL listed and CE certified
- Compatible with 12, 24, and 48 volt battery banks (charging/dumping voltage settings are user settable)
- Works with wind turbines, hydro generators and solar panel
- 100% solid state controller (no mechanical relays or solenoids)
- Pulse width modulated (PWM) controlled
A Controller for Virtually any DC Charging Source
The C40 has long been the mainstay of Xantrex’s charge controllers because of it versatility and reliability. The C40 is a 100% solid state, microprocessor-driven controller which is UL and cUL listed. The C40 controller may be configured for solar panel battery charging, or DC load control (e.g. low voltage disconnect) or DC diversion operation (e.g. wind turbines and hydro generators). Whatever the charging source, the C40 Xantrex Charge Controller is sure to meet your DC controller needs.
- Silent Microprocessor Control:
- The C40 has a powerful microprocessor at its core which increases system performance and maximizes battery life. It is fully solid-state and operates silently. It is capable of handling 40 amps at continuous duty and can handle current surges of up to 85 amps.
- PWM Charge Performance:
- The C40 uses Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) charging profiles which are designed to provide a full charge to your battery while minimize gassing which can shorten battery life.
- DC Load Controller Mode:
- When used as a load controller, the C Series (C40) will automatically turn a DC load on or off at predetermined battery voltage settings. Both LVD (low voltage disconnect) and LVR (low voltage reconnect) set points are user adjustable.
- 3-Stage Battery Charging:
- The C40 automatically initiates a 3-stage battery charging cycle. Bulk, Absorption, and Float modes are used to ensure that voltage and current settings accurately match the batteries' actual state of charge. This means fast-as-possible charging and extended battery life. An auto equalize mode can be easily switched off when the controller is used with sealed batteries. (Charge controllers with mechanical relays or solenoids cannot do this).
- Field Adjustable:
- The C40 can be configured for 12, 24, or 48 volt systems. Bulk and Float voltage set points are user adjustable which allows use with a wide variety of battery technologies including; flooded lead acid, gel, and absorbed glass mat. In addition, there are manually selectable settings for Nicad batteries.
- DC Diversion Mode:
- In this mode, all power, which is not used to maintain a full charge on the batteries, is diverted to a load dump such as space or water heaters. Diversion mode is used to regulate micro-hydro and wind turbine systems which need a constant load.
- LED Status Indicator:
- A simple to read, multi-color LED indicates operating status.
- UL and cUL Listed:
- The C40 charge controller is listed by UL to exacting UL 1741 and cUL CSA 22.2 107.1-95 standards. The C40 is also CE compliant (European countries) and is designed to CTIK standards (Australia). The current ratings are real world and do not have to be derated to comply with USA NEC 125% over-current requirements.
- BTS/15 or BTS/35 Monitors battery temperature and adjusts charging voltage for maximum performance. A 15 ft. (4.5 m) or 35 ft. (11 m) cable with standard telephone type connectors is included.
- Two year warranty: workmanship and materials.