Morningstar TriStar TS 45 12/24/48 Volt 45 Amp Solar Charge Controller
Morningstar’s TriStar Controller is a three-function controller that provides reliable solar battery charging, load control or diversion regulation. The controller operates in one of these modes at a time and two or more controllers may be used to provide multiple functions.
The TriStar uses advanced technology and automated production to provide exciting new features at a competitive cost. The optional TriStar meter is the most sophisticated and informative controller meter on the market. The controller is ETL Listed (UL1741) and TUV (IEC62109-1), and is designed for home systems and professional applications.
- High Reliability – Large heat sink and conservative design enables operating at full ratings to 60°C. No need to de-rate.
- More Power – Ratings to 60A at 48VDC will handle solar arrays up to 4kW.
- Communications Capability – RS-232 connects to a personal computer for custom settings, data logging and remote monitoring and control.
- Fully Adjustable – DIP switch provides user with a choice of 7 different digital presets and custom settings via RS-232.
- Extensive Electronic Protections – Fully protected against reverse polarity, short circuit, overcurrent, high temperature and overvoltage.
- Simple Mechanical Interface – Larger power terminals and conduit knockouts. Extra space for wire turns. Fits on power panels.
- Better Battery Charging – Connecting battery sense wires and optional remote temperature sensor will improve control accuracy. Constant voltage series PWM algorithm increases battery capacity and life.
- More Information – 3 LED’s to indicate status, faults and alarms. Optional meter displays extensive system and controller information, automatic self-test and reset capabilities. Meter connection via RJ-11 phone jack.
- Easy to Reset – Pushbutton 11 provides manual reset and stop/start battery equalization or load disconnect.
- Low Telecom Noise – DIP switch setting will change PWM to “On-Off” battery charging.
Load Control Mode:
Charge Controller Mode:
- Starts all loads including inductive
- Short circuit and overload protection with automatic reconnect
Diversion Control Mode:
- Temperature compensation
- PWM may be changed to “on-off” operation to minimize any telecom noise
- May be used for solar, wind or hydroelectric
- Rated solar, load or diversion current: 45A
- System Voltage: 12-48V
- 12/24V ≤0.1% ±50mV
- 48V ≤0.1% ±100mV
- Minimum voltage to operate: 9V
- Maximum solar voltage (Voc): 125V
- Controller <20mA
- Meter 7.5mA
- Height: 26.0cm/10.3 in
- Width: 12.7cm/5.0 in
- Depth: 7.1cm/2.8 in
- Weight: 1.6 kg/3.5 lb
- Largest Wire: 35mm2/2 AWG
- Conduit knockouts:
- Eccentric 2.5/3.2 cm (1.0/1.25 in)
- Enclosure Type 1, indoor rated
- Operating ambient temperature:
- Controller –40°C to +60°C
- Meter –40°C to +60°C
- Storage temperature: –55°C to +85°C
- Humidity: 100% (non-condensing)
- Tropicalization: Conformal coating on both sides of all printed circuit boards
- Reverse polarity protection (any
- Short-circuit protection
- Overcurrent protection
- Lightning and transient surge protection
using 4500W transient voltage
- High temperature protection via
automatic current reduction or complete
- Prevents reverse current from battery at
- TriStar Meter: 2 x 16 display mounts
to controller and provides system and
controller information, data logging, bar
graphs and choice of 5 languages
- TriStar Remote Meter: Includes 30
meters of cable for mounting meter away
from the controller
- Remote Temperature Sensor: Provides
temperature compensated charging by
measuring temperature at the battery (10
- CE Compliant
- ETL Listed (UL 1741)
- cETL (CSA-C22.2 No.107.1-95)
- TUV (IEC 62109-1)
- Complies with U.S. National Electric Code
- Manufactured in a certified ISO 9001
- MET Labs (EN 60335-1, EN 60335-2-29)