Pre-Wired & Ready to Go
Comes with MidNite Solar Battery Temperature Sensor & Optional MidNite Solar Surge Suppression Device
This board will allow for up to 3 strings of 150 volt PV power to be combined and sent to the MidNite Classic 150 charge controller for up to 96 amps of battery charging capability. The Classic 150 is designed to work with 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, and 72 volt battery banks.
- 12 volt charging capacity: 14.4 volts (12 volt battery bank) @ 96 amps
- (1380 watts of solar input power)
- 24 volt charging capacity: 28.7 volts (24 volt battery bank) @ 94 amps
- (2700 watts of solar input power)
- 48 volt charging capacity: 58.4 volts (48 volt battery bank) @ 83 amps
- (4847 watts of solar input power)
The PV incoming power is routed through three separate breakers, then converted by one of the most advanced MPPT charge controllers on the market to the most efficient charging algorithm and charging amperage available. This board connects to your battery bank, routed through a DC circuit breaker, for added security and fire protection! This step is often neglected and is essential to installing to code.
- Heavy gauge cleanly galvanized steel mounting board
- Features folded ends and pre-punched wall mounting holes
- Two MidNite Solar PV 3 combiner boxes allow 3 strings of solar input of up to 150 volts input for the MidNite Classic charge controller
- One box houses a MidNite 100 amp double pole breaker on the battery side of the controller for safety that also serves as a convenient disconnect
- The other combiner box houses three 150 volt MidNite PV breakers that also serve as convenient separate solar string disconnects
- MidNite Classic 150 charge controller
- Simply one of the most efficient MPPT controllers on the market - made in the USA
- Two 8 foot heavy duty pre-wired #4 gauge flexible battery cables with lugged & heat shrink sealed battery ends
- 3 sets of 3 foot solar PV cable extensions pre-wired with MC4 connectors
- All components are internally grounded to the board which allows for easy grounding
- Wiring is housed in electrical EMT conduit
- Plug and play: Simply bolt or screw unit to the wall and make your PV and battery bank connections
- Perfect for on grid or back up power, off grid, boat and RV use
- MidNite Solar's battery temperature sensor ensures batteries do not overheat in charging cycle
- Maximizes performance for your inverter or charge controller
- Sensor is attached to a 15' cable
Missouri Wind and Solar's trained staff is here to answer any technical questions you may have!
The Classic MPPT Charge Controller substantially increases the flexibility, features and range currently found on MPPT controllers at an incredible price.
MidNite Classic 150 Features:
- 150 operating voltage
- Max current out: 96 amps
- ETL listed to UL1741 and CSA
- Exclusive HyperVOC extends VOC limits
- 12-72V battery
- Built in DC-GFP and Arc Fault Detector
Charge Controller Specifications:
- 14.9"L x 6"W x 4"D
- Warranty - 5 yrs.
- Listed by ETL for US & Canada
- CE Certified Listed
- FCC Class B Listed
- Made in the USA
Click to enlarge
Charge Controller Warranty:
MidNite Solar offers an industry first, an extended warranty for all the Classic MPPT charge controllers. Six months prior to the end of the warranty period customers can ship their Classic back to MidNite Solar with a check for $147 dollars plus shipping and they will replace any wearable parts and do a general tune-up. This will extend the warranty by 2 additional years, another good reason to purchase a Classic.
If you are permitting any battery based system, the Classic is the only controller that has Arc fault integrated. That will save on a costly arc fault combiner.
See how the MidNite Classic compares to other controllers such as the OutBack, Blue Sky, Xantrex, Morningstar, and Apollo brands.
The Classic with Our Freedom II Wind Turbine: