In 2016 we had the opportunity to work with customer Dan Hall on
His wind turbine tower has a great gin pole design for easily raising and lowering the wind turbine. Because of the high winds and open space, Dan didn't have too many
At just 33 feet in the air, the wind turbine produces between 2 and 10 amps throughout the day, but he's seen in excess of 40 amps.
To produce even more power, Dan also installed 1.5KW of solar. The solar array consists of six 250 watt solar panels. Dan made his own mounting rack with
To tie it all together, Dan is using the HVA all in one charge controller board and resistor bank for the wind turbine, a MidNite Solar Classic 150 MPPT charge controller for the solar, a 4000 watt pure sine DC to AC inverter wired into the fuse panel to run lights, a television, refrigerator and freezer.
With a little help from our staff, Dan has designed a system that works for him now and if the power goes out.
Here are some of the products used for this project:
- 2000 Watt Missouri Falcon Wind Turbine
- 3 Phase High Output Wind Turbine Cable
- All in One Charge Controller Board
- MidNite Solar Classic 150 SL MPPT Charge Controller
- Aims 4000 Watt 24VDC 120VAC Pure Sine Low-Frequency Power Inverter
- (2) 3 Phase Brake Switches (We now have a single unit for
dual corePMGs or multiple wind turbines here)