Built-in digital display and intelligent dual processor controller with pulse width modulation
The charge controller has an internal solid state power mosfet relay capable of switching up to 3 amps or 8 amps of power directly such as: solar panels, solid state relays, LED's, buzzers, lights, small DC motors. As well as being a great charge controller unit, this controller is a hobbyist's dream for many sorts of experiments and applications such as home automation and robotics.
If you will be switching more than 3 amps continuous or 8 amps with additional cooling, please install up to 2 external mechanical relays or up to 50-150 solid state relays. Please note that if switching mechanical relays any voltage spikes caused by the release of the relay must be eliminated at the source with a diode and capacitor across the mechanical relays activation terminals.
Pre-programmed for 12 volts, can be reprogrammed for 24 volts using the video below.
- Dual (2) Microprocessor controlled - Very stable and very accurate
- Multiple user changeable settings and trip points for many various system requirements and applications (4 programs to choose from)
- You can change the dump point voltage level, end of dump voltage level, length of time in divert mode when end dump point voltage is reached (between 0 to 999 seconds, or 0 to 999 minutes), duty cycle, frequency (PWM)
- The controller will also monitor the diversion/disconnect activity and increase its duration several times when your batteries are full. This feature is also adjustable.
- Isolated Electronics Protection - Almost impossible to accidentally connect wind or solar directly to the circuit board.
- Battery Status LED - Lets you know your battery's actual voltage!
- Green LED on board lets you know when the relay is energized
- Reverse polarity protection
- Ultra low power consumption even with the voltmeter on (almost negligible). You can even set the voltmeter to turn off after inactivity.
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM)
The video below demonstrates how to program the charge controller for 12 or 24 volt settings
A word of caution:
Be aware of cheap, less capable knock-offs of our model controller that are too basic to properly charge a battery. They will attempt to only turn ON and OFF for the SAME length of time, every time, when your battery is full. This will constantly boil your battery when it's full, not properly fill it, or both. An improperly charged battery will have a short life and cannot be brought back - reducing it to one to two years instead of a 10 year (or more) lifespan! You don't benefit from returning a product after it ruins your system.
A charge controller must operate a relay whether mechanical or solid state (SSRs). The relay turns the charging from your solar, wind, and/or hydro ON or OFF to your batteries. If you have 100 amps of solar charging being turned ON and OFF to your batteries, you NEED to vary the time between the ON/OFF cycles. Our controller has user changeable custom programming that cannot be duplicated by the dime store sellers. Our controller will more slowly top-off your battery by adjusting itself every time your battery is full by increasing the duration of the next OFF cycle by up to 4 increased OFF times.
For example: 5 seconds to 10, then 10 to 20 seconds, then 20 to 40 seconds and will maintain a 40 second OFF time. You can adjust the starting 5 seconds down to 1 or up to 999.
We even went a step further and programmed in a "sweep time" which is a secondary sensing timer that starts directly following an ON cycle. This tells the controller that it has, or has not, been too long before battery charging is needed again. The user adjustable sweep time allows the user and controller to have a wide range of charging times on any size battery bank. We also pre-wire and pre-program our controllers for you to be able to get up and going without becoming an expert.
You're taking a risk with your system by accepting a too-good-to-be-true price or product description. If you're not convinced this is the controller for you, please check our other charge controllers or ask us which one is right for you.