Special Shipping Note: these batteries are available for in store pick-up only!
SMART CARBONâ„¢ Deep-cycle batteries used in off-grid and unstable grid applications are heavily cycled at partial state of charge (PSOC). Operating at PSOC on a regular basis can quickly diminish the overall life of a battery, which results in frequent and costly battery replacements. To address the impact of PSOC on deep-cycle batteries in renewable energy (RE), inverter backup and telecom applications, Trojan Battery has now included Smart Carbonâ„¢ as a standard feature in its Industrial and Premium flooded battery lines.
Made in the USA
|BCI Group Size||903|
|CapacityA Amp Hours (AH)|
|2 Hour Rate||722|
|5 Hour Rate||909|
|10 Hour Rate||909|
|20 Hour Rate||1021|
|48 Hour Rate||1182|
|72 Hour Rate||1210|
|100 Hour Rate||1235|
|100 Hour Rate||2.47|
11.67 x 6.95 x 17.56 in
(296 x 177 x 446 mm)
- A. The number of minutes a battery can deliver when discharged at a constant rate at 80Â°F (27Â°C) and maintain a voltage above 1.75 V/cell. Capacities are based on peak performance.
- B. Dimensions are based on nominal size. Dimensions may vary depending on type of handle or terminal.
- C. Dimensions taken from bottom of the battery to the highest point on the battery. Heights may vary depending on type of terminal.
- D. Terminal images are representative only.
- Trojan's battery testing procedures adhere to both BCI and IEC test standards
- *Additional Terminals Available
|Charger Voltage Settings (at 77 degrees F / 25 degrees C)|
|Voltage Per Cell|
|Float Charge: ||2.20|
- Do not install or charge batteries in a sealed or non-ventilated compartment. Constant under or overcharging will damage the battery and shorten its life as with any battery
|Operating Temperature:||Specific Gravity: |
|-4Â°F to 113Â°F (-20Â°C to +45Â°C). At temperatures below 32Â°F (0Â°C) maintain a state of charge greater than 60%||The specific gravity at 100% state-of-charge is 1.280 (Premium Line batteries manufactured prior to March 2012 have 1.260 SG value)|
Charging Temperature Compensation:
To the Voltage Reading -- Subtract 0.005 volt per cell (VPC) for every 1Â°C above 25Â°C or add 0.005 volt per cell for every 1Â°C below 25Â°C
Expected Life vs. Temperature:
Chemical reactions internal to the battery are driven by voltage and temperature. The higher the battery temperature, the faster chemical reactions will occur. While higher temperatures can provide improved discharge performance the increased rate of chemical reactions will result in a corresponding loss of battery life. As a rule of thumb, for every 10Â°C increase in temperature the reaction rate doubles. Thus, a month of operation at 35Â°C is equivalent in battery life to two months at 25Â°C. Heat is an enemy of all lead acid batteries, FLA, AGM and gel alike and even small increases in temperature will have a major influence on battery life.
Click here to download the Data Sheet
Which Batteries Are Right for You?