440 Amp! -- 10,000 watt!! - Diversion (Charge) Regulator with High contrast LED Battery Voltage Meter
Works directly with 12, 24 and 48 volt systems
This diversion controller is the result of our many attempts to use the controllers currently on the market (offered by some of the largest names in the business), to work in conjunction with our wind turbines. None of the other diversion controllers on the market did what we needed a diversion controller to do. So we designed our own and added all of the features that are truly needed in a diversion controller.
Use this controller to regulate and prevent battery overcharge in: Solar Systems Wind Systems Hydro Systems
Also works as a disconnect controller! This controller works by either diverting the charge source to a diversion or "Dummy" load, or if you prefer, you can simply disconnect the charge source from the battery -- Works either way!
Some of the key features of this controller are:
- Microprocessor controlled -- This is very important for both stability and functionality.
- User changeable settings -- Several controllers on the market set the dump level, and that's that!
- Super High amp rating - 440 Amps -- 10,000 watts (125 Amps for solar)
- Works directly with 12, 24 or 48 volt systems. -- The relay contacts can handle open collector voltages of up to 120 volts.
- High Contrast LED battery voltage meter, with on/off switch. Battery status LED - Several controllers do not tell you what's going on - This one does!
- Push to test. -- Ever wonder if your controller & load are working OK?
- Large (8" x 12") solid steel enclosure, with multiple conduit knockouts
- Large enough terminal blocks that you can actually terminate large wire (See notes below.)
- The electronics are fully isolated from the enclosure, no ground loops.
- Can divert the source from the batteries to the load, or dump both the batteries along with the source.
- Draws almost no energy while monitoring (all electronics must use some power, to work -- this is a miser)
- Reverse Polarity protected.
- Made in the USA
Some specifics about the points made above:
The microprocessor is the heart of the controller. It is given the battery voltage and the user changeable trip points. This information is analyzed and acted upon. The Battery level is checked, and based on that info, the Green LED flashes or is illuminated as follows
- Flash indicates the battery is less than 12 volts (12 volt system - Double for 24 etc)
- Flashes indicates the battery is 12 volts to 12.5 volts
- Flashes indicates the battery is 12.6 volts to 13 volts
- Flashes indicate the battery is 13.1 volts to 13.5 volts
- Flashes indicates the battery is above 13.5 volts but less than 13.9 volts
Settings are user adjustable:
- Steady green means the battery is full.
- The red LED is illuminated when the battery is being dumped at 14.5 volts (or the charge source diverted.)
The dump remains active for a minimum of 5 seconds, at which time it is checked by the microprocessor. If battery voltage drops below the "Dump Cancel" level, the dump is disabled, otherwise the dump is continued and rechecked every 5 seconds. When you click the "TEST" push-button - the 5 second cycle is started (one time, unless the batteries are within the "Dump Start" and "Dump Cancel" zone.)
Settings are user changeable! By simply turning a simple potentiometer with a small screwdriver, you can quickly adjust the trip point.
High amp rating -- 440 Amps! -- 10,000 watts!! -- This is a MONSTER controller.
This controller is capable of handling ten, 1000 watt wind turbines, or up to 125 Amps of continuous solar power, or both at the same time. **Note: 440 amps is not continuous, but is limited to 20% duty time.
The enclosure is heavy gauge, solid steel, ready to mount. -- No plastic, no junk, simple and rugged.
This Hoffman pull box is perfect for terminating larger wire. It has multiple knockouts on each side of the box.
The box measures 8.25" x 12".
|Charge Controller Specifics|
|Application||Wind Turbines, Solar Panels, Hydroelectric Generators|
HVM 440 Amp Charge Controller for Wind Turbines & Solar Panels
- Brands Missouri Wind and Solar
- Product Code: MW440HVM
- Availability: In Stock