Missouri Wind and Solar FREEDOM PMG™
(permanent magnet generator)
with Optional Marine Coating*
- Produces battery voltage at approximately 266 RPM
- Produces twice (2X) the battery voltage at approximately 506 RPM
- Produces four times (4X) the battery voltage at approximately 960 RPM
Why buy a Freedom or Freedom II PMG™ over a Delco car alternator PMA?
The answer is simply more copper! More copper equals more power - each Freedom PMG stator contains twice as much copper than any Delco style PMA.
Additional reasons why the Freedom PMG is better than ANY Delco or other modified car alternator PMA:
- Some modified alternators use power to make power. Freedom PMGs use no input power.
- PMAs use a thin aluminum housing and the stator is not pressed in. The Freedom PMG features a very thick aluminum housing and a pressed in stator that helps with proper alignment and durability.
- PMAs have only two mounting holes. The Freedom PMG has four of them bolted tightly against the mounting bracket for secure mounting.
- Alternators and some PMAs have a weak rear bearing. The Freedom PMG utilizes two heavy duty bearings.
- Most car alternators and PMAs that are repurposed use low grade/high iron electrical steel which can create a lot of heat. The Freedom PMG uses high grade electrical steel and is optimized for efficient cooling
- NO COGGING, easy to turn - Cut in speed of 6 MPH
- Skewed stator core with high grade electrical steel and heavy duty copper windings
- 17 mm stainless steel shaft compatible with all Missouri Wind and Solar hubs
- 2x thick polished aluminum case
- Zinc plated 14 rare earth neodymium magnet rotor
- No brushes to fail or replace
- Two heavy duty bearings in front and back
- Fits delco bolt patterns and mounts up to our standard mounting bracket
- Comes with bridge rectifier
- 3/8" Diameter bolt holes
- 1 15/16" on center between mounting holes
- 5 7/8" OD Width
- 6 5/16" Tall
- 5.5" Total Length
- Shaft thread & size: M16 - 1.5 (M=metric, 1.5 = metric thread pitch)
Saltwater environments will cause the internal components to rust over time. Our marine varnish service includes disassembling the motor and coating the interior. As our sold-separately PMA Coating can only ship by ground service and is restricted in some countries, Missouri Wind and Solar is offering an add-on service to coat the internal components before shipping. Prolong the life of your Freedom PMG by protecting it from the effects of saltwater environments. Please allow additional handling time when choosing this service.
|Wind Turbine Specifics|
|Available Voltage||12 Volts, 24 Volts, 48 Volts|
|Available Wattage||1600 Watts|
|Special Coating||Zinc Plated|
1600 Watt Freedom PMG™ Permanent Magnet Generator for Wind Turbines
- Brands Missouri Wind and Solar
- Product Code: FREEDOM_PMG
- Availability: In Stock