Freedom II PMG™ Permanent Magnet Generator
24V & 48V with new for 2018 keyed shaft now available for pre-order!
Our newest innovation in power generation - Up to 2800 watts output with the dual rotor and dual stator design!
NEW for June 2018: Our Freedom I and Freedom II PMGs are now designed with a keyed shaft and hub stabilizer as well as includes a self-tightening cam-lock washer to prevent the blade set from ever spinning on the shaft.
Our Freedom I and Freedom II PMGs now have a smoother and easier rotation! We've designed new technology into our internal parts to get your wind turbine, hydroelectric, and motor mounted Freedom Series PMG to start-up easier and make more power!
Our Freedom II PMG™ permanent magnet generator is specifically designed for wind turbine use and can even be used with vertical axis wind turbines (VAWT).
- Produces battery voltage at approximately 266 RPM in parallel; 133 RPM in series
- Produces twice (2x) the battery voltage at approximately 506 RPM in parallel; 253 RPM in series
- Produces four times (4x) the battery voltage at approximately 960 RPM in parallel; 480 RPM in series
- Wiring the output in series is only recommended for extreme high wind conditions.
This permanent magnet generator works best with our set of 9 Raptor Generation 4 Blades and Zinc Plated Hub or our large Falcon 80.5 Inch Diameter 3 Blade and Hub Set.
Not for hydro, gas engine, electric motor coupled use. For wind turbine use only. See our Hydro PMG for these applications.
The answer is simply more copper! More copper equals more power - each Freedom PMG stator contains twice as much copper than any Delco style PMA.
Additional reasons why the Freedom PMG is better than ANY Delco or other modified car alternator PMA:
- Some modified alternators use power to make power. Freedom PMGs use no input power.
- PMAs use a thin aluminum housing and the stator is not pressed in. The Freedom PMG features a very thick aluminum housing and a pressed in stator that helps with proper alignment and durability.
- PMAs have only two mounting holes. The Freedom PMG has four of them bolted tightly against the mounting bracket for secure mounting.
- Alternators and some PMAs have a weak rear bearing. The Freedom PMG utilizes two heavy duty bearings.
- Most car alternators and PMAs that are repurposed use low grade/high iron electrical steel which can create a lot of heat. The Freedom PMG uses high grade electrical steel and is optimized for efficient cooling
Here is what our customers are saying:
"Finally tested one of the dual PMGs 12/24 , [at] 45km wind it put out [at] 1040 watts, [at] 70km wind 2084 watts, real power (ie in the hundreds of watts seems to kick in 25 km and above). Once winds are 27km and above it makes good power and quickly enters into serious power production. So turns out to be quite good."
- NO COGGING, easy to turn - CUT-IN SPEED IS 6 MPH
- Comes with two heavy duty rectifiers & one hub spacer stabilizer
- Skewed stator core with high grade electrical steel and heavy duty copper windings
- 17 mm stainless steel shaft compatible with all Missouri Wind and Solar hubs
- 2x thick polished aluminum case
- Zinc plated 28 rare earth neodymium magnet rotor
- For charging 12, 24, or 48 volt battery banks
- Specifically designed for wind turbines.
- Fits delco bolt patterns and mounts up to our standard mounting bracket.
- Comes with two bridge rectifiers
- 3/8" diameter bolt holes
- 1 15/16" on center between mounting holes
- 5 7/8" OD width
- 6 5/16" tall
- 9 1/2" overall length
- Shaft thread & size: M16 - 1.5 (M=metric, 1.5 = metric thread pitch)
Saltwater environments will cause the internal components to rust over time. Our marine varnish service includes disassembling the motor and coating the interior. As our sold-separately PMA Coating can only ship by ground service and is restricted in some countries, Missouri Wind and Solar is offering an add-on service to coat the internal components before shipping. Prolong the life of your Freedom PMG by protecting it from the effects of saltwater environments. Please allow additional handling time when choosing this service.
Freedom II Output with the MidNite Classic Charge Controller:
|Wind Turbine Specifics|
|Available Voltage||12/24 Volts, 24/48 Volts, 48/96 Volts|
|Available Wattage||2000 Watts|
|Special Coating||Zinc Plated|
2000 Watt Freedom II PMG™ Permanent Magnet Generator for Wind Turbines
- Brands Missouri Wind and Solar
- Product Code: FREEDOM_DUAL_PMG
- Availability: In Stock