Missouri Wind and Solar Freedom II Hydroelectric PMG™
(permanent magnet generator)
If you are using the Freedom II Hydro PMG on a 12 volt system, choose the 12/24v model.
Our newest innovation in power generation - Up to 2800 watts output with the dual rotor and dual stator design!
New for July 2016: Our Freedom I and Freedom II PMGs now have a smoother and easier rotation! We've designed new technology into our internal parts to get your wind turbine, hydroelectric, and motor mounted Freedom Series PMG to start-up easier and make more power!
Our Freedom II HYDRO PMG™ permanent magnet generator is specifically designed for hydro or gas engine use.
- Produces 12 volts at approximately 266 RPM in parallel. 133 RPM in series - performance on 12 volt is good
Why buy a Freedom or Freedom II PMG™ over a Delco car alternator PMA?
The answer is simply more copper! More copper equals more power - each Freedom PMG stator contains twice as much copper than any Delco style PMA.
Additional reasons why the Freedom PMG is better than ANY Delco or other modified car alternator PMA:
- Some modified alternators use power to make power. Freedom PMGs use no input power.
- PMAs use a thin aluminum housing and the stator is not pressed in. The Freedom PMG features a very thick aluminum housing and a pressed in stator that helps with proper alignment and durability.
- PMAs have only two mounting holes. The Freedom PMG has four of them bolted tightly against the mounting bracket for secure mounting.
- Alternators and some PMAs have a weak rear bearing. The Freedom PMG utilizes two heavy duty bearings.
- Most car alternators and PMAs that are repurposed use low grade/high iron electrical steel which can create a lot of heat. The Freedom PMG uses high grade electrical steel and is optimized for efficient cooling
- NO COGGING, easy to turn
- Comes with two heavy duty rectifiers & one hub spacer stabilizer
- Includes fan and 80 mm double pulley
- Skewed stator core with high grade electrical steel and heavy duty copper windings
- 17 mm stainless steel shaft compatible with all Missouri Wind and Solar hubs
- 2x thick polished aluminum case
- Zinc plated 28 rare earth neodymium magnet rotor
- For charging 12 volt battery banks
- Specifically designed for wind turbines.
- Fits delco bolt patterns and mounts up to our standard mounting bracket.
- 3/8" diameter bolt holes
- 1 15/16" on center between mounting holes
- 5 7/8" OD width
- 6 5/16" tall
- 9 1/2" overall length
- Shaft thread & size: M16 - 1.5 (M=metric, 1.5 = metric thread pitch)
|Wind Turbine Specifics|
|Available Voltage||12/24 Volts, 24/48 Volts, 48/96 Volts|
|Available Wattage||2000 Watts|
Freedom II Hydro PMG™ Permanent Magnet Generator
- Brand: Missouri Wind and Solar
- Product Code: FREEDOM_II_HYDRO_12/24
- Availability: In Stock