Missouri Wind and Solar Freedom Hydroelectric PMG™
(permanent magnet generator)
Our newest innovation in power generation - specifically designed for hydro or gas engine use.
New for July 2016: Our Freedom I and Freedom II PMGs now have a smoother and easier rotation! We've designed new technology into our internal parts to get your wind turbine, hydroelectric, and motor mounted Freedom Series PMG to start-up easier and make more power!
- Produces 12 volts at approximately 266 RPM
Why buy a Freedom or Freedom II PMG™ over a Delco car alternator PMA?
The answer is simply more copper! More copper equals more power - each Freedom PMG stator contains twice as much copper than any Delco style PMA.
Additional reasons why the Freedom PMG is better than ANY Delco or other modified car alternator PMA:
- Some modified alternators use power to make power. Freedom PMGs use no input power.
- PMAs use a thin aluminum housing and the stator is not pressed in. The Freedom PMG features a very thick aluminum housing and a pressed in stator that helps with proper alignment and durability.
- PMAs have only two mounting holes. The Freedom PMG has four of them bolted tightly against the mounting bracket for secure mounting.
- Alternators and some PMAs have a weak rear bearing. The Freedom PMG utilizes two heavy duty bearings.
- Most car alternators and PMAs that are repurposed use low grade/high iron electrical steel which can create a lot of heat. The Freedom PMG uses high grade electrical steel and is optimized for efficient cooling.
- NO COGGING, easy to turn
- Skewed stator core with high grade electrical steel and heavy duty copper windings
- Comes with a heavy duty 80 mm V pulley, fits 1/2 inch belt
- 17 mm stainless steel shaft compatible with all Missouri Wind and Solar hubs
- 2x thick polished aluminum case
- Zinc plated 14 rare earth neodymium magnet rotor
- No brushes to fail or replace
- Two heavy duty bearings in front and back
- Specifically designed for gas, diesel engines, or hydro applications
- Fits delco bolt patterns and mounts up to our standard mounting bracket
- 3/8" Diameter bolt holes
- 1 15/16" on center between mounting holes
- 5 7/8" OD Width
- 6 5/16" Tall
- Shaft thread & size: M16 - 1.5 (M=metric, 1.5 = metric thread pitch)
|Wind Turbine Specifics|
|Available Voltage||12 Volts|
|Available Wattage||1600 Watts|
|Special Coating||Zinc Plated|
Freedom Hydro PMG™ Permanent Magnet Generator
- Brand: Missouri Wind and Solar
- Product Code: FREEDOM_HYDRO_12V
- Availability: In Stock