Missouri Wind and Solar FREEDOM 3 Sealed PMG
(permanent magnet generator)
New for 2019: Fully Sealed PMG Designed for Wind Turbines and Hydroelectric Power
Great for Marine Environments!
For Use On Land or Sea
Why are Missouri Wind and Solar Freedom PMGs Better Than Others On The Market?
- Most PMAs use a thin aluminum housing and the stator is not pressed in. The MWandS Freedom PMGs feature a very thick aluminum housing and a pressed in stator that helps with proper alignment, durability, and cooling.
- PMAs have only two mounting holes. MWandS Freedom PMGs have four of mounting holes bolted tightly against the mounting bracket for secure mounting.
- Alternators and some PMAs have a weak rear bearing. The MWandS Freedom 3 Sealed PMG utilizes large sealed bearings to stand up to wear.
- Most car alternators and PMAs that are re-purposed use low grade/high iron electrical steel and aluminum windings which can create a lot of heat. The MWandS Freedom PMGs use high-grade electrical steel, real copper winding, and is optimized for efficient cooling.
Freedom 3 Sealed PMG Specifications:
- 17 mm stainless steel shaft compatible with all Missouri Wind and Solar hubs and blade sets
- Custom hub spacer/stabilizer with keyway and bolts for attaching to Missouri Wind and Solar blade hubs
- Zinc plated 14 rare earth neodymium magnet rotor
- No brushes to fail or replace
- Large, heavy-duty bearings in front and back
- Fits delco bolt patterns and mounts up to our standard mounting bracket
- 3/8" Diameter bolt holes
- 1 15/16" on center between mounting holes
- 5 7/8" OD Width
- 6 5/16" Tall
- 10 pounds
PMA and PMG cases should not be painted or coated - this prevents heat from leaving the motor and reduces efficiency. If you have an open-faced motor like our Freedom single and dual PMGs, you can marine varnish the interior components.
The Freedom 3 sealed PMG should not be run at over 240 watts continuously in a gas or electric belt-driven application without proper cooling fans. Running the motor continuously without air moving across the case may result in overheating.
|Wind Turbine Specifics|
|Available Voltage||12 Volts|
|Available Wattage||1600 Watts|
Freedom 3 PMG™ Sealed Permanent Magnet Generator
- Brands Missouri Wind and Solar
- Product Code: FREEDOM_III_PMG_12V
- Availability: In Stock